So, slept in a little bit today. Helped take care of Zeke and Anna while Tom got the big boys ready for school. Jacob, of course, forgot his backpack. Tom got home in time to get a call from the school - Sam has pinkeye. He went back, picked up Sam, and dropped of Jacob's backpack. Tom was late at this point, but took the bus anyway. At least he doesn't have classes yet.
Then we got a phone call from a "lawyer's office" that Tom owes someone money, and we needed to call them back right away. Not a real person - computerized message. And total BS. We don't owe anyone money. And Tom just saw his credit report and score (which is excellent). Not going to phish us!
Then maintenance came in to work on the bathroom sink, which is horribly clogged. Yesterday they took off the trap, replaced some things, and tried to snake it out. Now it's worse than when we called them. The line is connected to our 3 neighbors, so they want to fix it asap. So they're bringing in a plumber. The may have to tear out the wall to fix it. Glad it's not me that has to do it!
And the home purchase is definitely on. Not sure on the closing date. By the 30th for sure, but maybe sooner if everything works out. We got the sellers to agree to 1,000 in repair costs. It had previously been $500, but we wanted more after discovering that the weatherhead pipe (electrical entry for the house) needed to be replaced. Apparently they ignored the damage after the ice storm a year ago. I think it's bent at least 30 degrees. That and a new electrical panel will be the repairs we focus on first. Don't get me wrong - overall, the house is in great shape for being built in '65. There's just some things I won't compromise on.
Meanwhile, still waiting for Lydia to make her appearance. I wouldn't mind her being late if I weren't worried about interfering with Tom's classes. Or the fact that my grandpa seems to be doing worse, and I want to be able to make the trip for his funeral. I can't travel until after she's born.
That's my ramblings for the day. LOL
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I assume it's your Grandpa Jim, since my dad was fine when I talked to him. :)
Post a Comment